Razorstorms Rise of the Runelords
Human Varisian cleric
Married to Esraya
Connections to Sandpoint
- Niska Mvashti (Her house #28) – She is a revered ancient Varisian historian and seer. Every Varisian in the region knows who she is. She taught Toma how to read the Harrow deck as a young boy.
- Koya Mvashti (Sandpoint Cathedral #1, or her Mother’s house #28) – Niska’s daughter, she is herself quite old. She initiated Toma into the service of Desna, and is very much like a favorite aunt to him. She used to roam the immediate area, but when she was very involved in the formation of the cathedral, and has rooted herself here to lead the worship of Desna. She’s really too old to travel any ways. You also know her semi-adopted son, Sandru Vhiski, who is currently out driving caravans and staying away from his brother, Jubrayl Vhiski.
- Jubrayl Vhiski (Fatman’s Feedbag #42) – You’re pretty sure he’s a prominent member, if not a leader, of the Sczarni, but you can’t prove it. Either way, the man is trouble, and plenty of it. The Sczarni, a gang of Varisian criminals, are the reason decent folk distrust Varisians. His brother, Sandru, hit the road partially just to distance himself from his brother’s influence, and to keep from getting recruited by the Sczarni.
- The Magravi Family (Risa’s Place #13) – This Varisian family runs this tavern. The matron, Risa, is an elderly Varisian sorceress, now blind. The place is famous for it’s spiced potatoes and cider.
- Abstalar Zantus (Sandpoint Cathedral, #1) – The high priest of Sandpoint, and also a worshiper of Desna, Abstalar and Toma have known each other for several years. However, he was a student of the late high-priest Ezakien Tobyn, who died when the old chapel burned down during the “Late Unpleasantness” 5 years ago, while Toma was a student of Koya. While they worship the same god, they emphasize different aspects of her teachings, and Abstalar is also a fair bit older, not to mention NOT Varisian.